Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm just not sure what to think.

The New Yorker is right up there as one of my favorite publications. I've been reading it since I was a little kid. Okay, at least I've been reading the cartoons since I was a little kid. Many years ago my mother started a game of trying to guess the title of the cover each week. Jerzy and I do it to this day. That said, I don't know what to think about the cover of the next issue. I guess even one's favorite thing can let them down from time to time. I just don't know what to think.

2 comments:

sharryb said...

Well, I wasn't happy.

After reading some other folks comments, I lightened up--a bit. One fella said Obama should have brushed it off and said, "let's talk about the economy."

I did have to take note of how much I delight in take downs, cartoonish and otherwise, of the present administration. I begin to sense how supporters must feel about those jibes that bring me so much satisfaction. Of course this wasn't intended as a jibe at Obama and his wife. I guess. It was a slap at the right wing slurs, right? Maybe. Hmm.

Julia said...

Yeah, I think they had intended for it to be satirical. But alas, FAILED.